Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Random Thoughts
Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #13522
BlooMule
Jet powered

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo33 View Post
I wont deny that a lot of people out there view their shit as gold and want top dollar for it, its all over CL. However if im interested enough to want to spend over a grand I will take the time to go look at it in person and talk to the seller face to face. Living up here, I have drove a lot in every direction(mostly downstate) just to go look and decide that its not for me or we couldn't come to a agreement on price. But whatever that's how the car game works. Sometimes you drive it home, sometimes you don't want it after you saw and drove it. A simple phone call and conversation is usually enough to figure out the seller is willing to haggle, and pictures should be a good idea of what kind of condition it is in. But I don't care, if someone low balls me without seeing it in person, like 30% or more less than what im asking, I will tell the person to piss off cause most of the time they cant even call you, its in a txt. pussies.
I get what your saying, for me if I don't have time to yakk on the phone, or I can't call during a reasonable hour, so I send a PM or e-mail. If the seller is offended (and I'll admit I had lowballers offend me, but it's usually the tone not the price that pisses me off) then I just don't pursue it any further.

One that really pissed me off- I had a 53 F100 that was a daily driver- looked ok but no show truck. I wanted $900, I got a voice mail offering me $250 for the 'Sanford and Son truck'. The Sanford and Son remark somehow ticked me off more than the $250 offer- hell Sanford and Son had a 48 F-1, not a 53 F-100!

Page generated in 0.07408 seconds with 20 queries