Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - **** The return to Gitche Gumee ****
View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #146
mschaffer66

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
My 'run' is intended to be of an exploratory nature itself. It's more exciting that way anyhow. I'm running up Lower 2 and No Bridge and then I have 2 'not yet explored' options, north, northeast with the hopes I can make a loop out of that trail instead of coming back on 17 the way we did in the spring.
There's lots of play places along the way on Lower 2 like the 'playground' we didn't stop at but looked at as we went by. Then there's the big gravel washout on that north trail that I stopped short of. So...............still plenty of exploring but with a little bigger group.
Years ago PIW was done that way and it turned out to be one of most enjoyable rides in a long time. Despite the fact our arrival home was I think the next day. WR was on that run so he might remember more as Canada is a blur to me now after over 30 years of running trails there.
j-kb8ymf

I'm in for that. I loved the exploration factor of the trip last year. It seems really fun that the trail leader doesn't know what to expect :)
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07613 seconds with 20 queries