Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Explorer 4.0-302 swap, what's needed?
View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:41 PM   #7
busyfixin
Balls Deep

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sorry, I forgot to put a year in there. To get to the root question, I have a 2001 Sport Trac body (intending to go on an F-150 chassis), A friend of mine has a 97 or 98 explorer 302 from a part out.

From what I read there are a bunch of fruitcakes saying a v8 won't fit in a Sport Trac, but I don't buy that for a second. Because Sport Trac's aren't super common, and are still relatively expensive and serve more civil duties, people don't dive into a v8 swap. So, let's just call it a 2001 Explorer. Is there a year range that parts are more easily swapable?

I haven't done a bolt together job in quite a while. I'm used to everything being custom, but this seems like it could be a fairly easy one. Sure, I could stand alone control it, but if I don't have to, I won't. I'm not looking for super performance out of it, I'd just like to make it run and drive around in a similar to stock fashion, and have as much stock stuff work as I can.

Last edited by busyfixin; September 3rd, 2013 at 09:45 PM.
busyfixin is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.31588 seconds with 20 queries