Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Getting a trailer weighed
View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2013, 05:38 PM   #30
NSmist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to NSmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
I went to the scrap yard off Baldwin Rd near Great Lakes Crossing. It was a couple bucks, they didn't have me unhook, and they printed out the slip for me to take to SoS. Obviously without unhooking the weight will read a little lower than it really is, but all that matters is whether it's over or under 2500 lbs.
If this was Ferrous Processing & Trading off of Collier Rd. then I just had mine weighed there 2 months ago too. Run your truck across the train car scale till its just the trailer on the scale. They announce over the loud speaker your good, walk upstairs and pay ~$10 for your slip and you're off to the SOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Has anyone run into problems towing an unplated trailer to the scales? We know that cops are 100% accurate on all legal matters, so will you get a ticket?
Quote:
By law, a trailer may be towed without a license plate, using the most direct route, to a certified scale to have it weighed (MCL 257.216)
NSmist is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07794 seconds with 20 queries