View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #11
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
BTW, Kickstand, can you provide me some links to mountain biking trails?

Is there anything around Howell/Brighton area?

edit: P.S. Keep in mind that I'm a newb at this, I don't want to die before my kids grow up. :)
mmba.org There is a trail guide on the front page somewhere.

Murray Lake - Brighton State Rec - 10 Miles of fun. (Torn Shirt is likely a bit too technical as a newb, but its short at 5-6 miles and you could step up to it when comfortable)

Island Lake - 2 different loops, not technical enough for me to enjoy. I haven't been there in years.

Milford - Near the YMCA and baseball fields off commerce road, crosses the paved bike path that runs from Kensington into downtown a few times 6 miles of fun tight and twisty trails.

Maybury state park off 8 mile - 6 mile trail, tight, twisty, flowy fun, a few tough climbs in the beginning, but my 8 year olds can ride it.

*Gloves or dorky looking sweatbands are very useful.
*Camelbak or similar hydration pack that holds 2 liters of water is not a bad start
*Multi Tool with chain break tool (to fix pesky broken chains when you have a bad shift and break your chain, you can also carry a magic link and put the chain right back together when it brakes)
*Helmet, Helmet, Helmet....most everyone who MTB's wears one, and it's not worth smacking your head on a tree or the ground.

Mountain biking can be a ton of fun. I'm highly addicted.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04569 seconds with 11 queries