Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Novi City Park Bike Trail
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #8
howell_jeep
Last Free Man

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wow, that's a nice trail. I guess this was my first time on a mountain bike trail. I usually was riding on paved bike trails. What a difference. I think this is my new favority sport.

With all the humidity yesterday, I was soaked in sweat after the 3rd mile. I didn't know what to expect, so I took the first hard trail on the route. I got used to all the turnes and obstacles after a while but I found out that I just don't feel comfortable on this bike.

I wonder if riders wear gloves. I could hardly switch gears or hold on to handlebars with my sweaty hands.

Mile (5 or 6) is a bit confusing with all the criss-crossing trails (hard trails and easy trails). I think I may have looped in there for too long.

Around mile 6 I took a fall. I felt comfortable enough to ride faster but my hand slipped on the brake and it was either go into a tree or take a fall. It was a good point to take a short break anyway.

Once I passed mile 9 marker, a bit down the road I confused my gear selections and stepped hard on the pedal when it was switching gears. Broke my chain.

Had to walk back to the car for a bit over half a mile, but it was a good cooldown.

I guess I need more water, I ran out of water around mile 6 and there is nowhere to replenish.

In other news, my wife's team won 1st place in the volleyball tournament!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05283 seconds with 20 queries