View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #390
WSU JK

Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandals View Post
Someone needed to tell me i was such a fatass sooner

My 10 year anniversary today, and the shirt i bought for our rehearsal dinner that i grew out of years ago is now baggy on me. awesomeness.

Sometimes I think clothing fit is a much better indicator of health/fatness than weight or BMI is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandals View Post
Why you slackasses no be posting?

How you homos doing?
I think I posted once way back at the start of the thread but always enjoy reading through the new posts even if I don't contribute.

I have a relatively "athletic" build but have had a gut and love handles for the past decade or so.

In October I am planning on running the Marine Corps Marathon in DC. This will be my 6th full marathon and unlike all my others, I decided to actually follow a training plan for this one. I have an average run time of about 4 hours over all of my other marathons but am aiming to run this one in 3:30.

I've been consistently going to the gym a few times a week for weights and spinning since about 2003 and over the past couple of years I've been running probably between 20-30 miles a week, weather permitting. Well, since the start of April I've been running an average of 40 miles a week (including a few weeks where I've broken 60 miles) and am already closing in on 1,100 miles for the year. These days I am out running 5 days a week, rain or shine.

I've lost about 12 pounds, but more impressively (to myself anyway) I've lost about 2" off of my waistline. I took some pants and a couple of sport coats to the tailor last week and have a pile more to take back to get taken in when I pick those up.

It's gotten to the point that I had to breakout what most would probably call "skinny jeans" because all of my other denim options were just too baggy in the butt and the waist.

(Cutting out my twice daily frappuccinos probably didn't hurt in the weight-loss either.)
WSU JK is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04675 seconds with 11 queries