View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #119
BigBird
Duck Shootin' Wheelerer!!

Arrow Question and response

This is what I got so far...

INITIAL REQUEST

Inner fender requirements for on-road use?
Some American friends were wheeling North of Sault Ste. Marie and were stopped by an OPP officer on hwy 17 about five years ago and were told that they needed inner fenders to be compliant for on-road use? I've known quite a few off-road enthusiasts that have modified vehicles that have never been stopped over inner fender coverage? Do you think my friends could not understand the Canadian accent, and were asked about flare coverage or is there a specific statute that deals with inner fenders?

There is a wheeling trip planned for the end of September in the same area and a few of the guys are concerned about being "inspected" while wheeling. They are trying to come up with something that they think will meet the requirements.

Thanks for your time, Jamie

Re: Inner fender requirements for on-road use?
Ok, I was just corrected, it was a Ministry of Transportation officer...

RESPONSE FROM OFFICER

Re: Inner fender requirements for on-road use?
I personally have never heard about legislation related specifically to inner fenders. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it would be a first for me hearing about it.

Normally I won't comment on something another Officer has done, but in this case I'm fairly confident that the discussion might have been more about mud flaps/fender flares and could have been misunderstood.

Cheers Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

If there is different information that I can provide him, I would be happy to correct it and see if it gets a different answer...

Jamie
I have not ate in months
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05427 seconds with 11 queries