Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Had to put pants and shoes on for work this week exactly once.
View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:38 AM   #19
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
all of the above may be true. but for this non-HR guy, it was "new" see the point?

it's also apparently not being followed by your local friendly city hall folks either as they all freaked out just from me asking them to even look at the form - hence why I suggested that perhaps, just perhaps that local/regional governmental agencies are exempted from that specific requirement? perhaps, just perhaps they have a different process/requirement?

FFS man, rough week? did you have to put pants on more than once?
Not a rough week at all, you're sitting here arguing that this magical form that has been around since the 80's is new, it's not. Seems pretty simple to me.

Here maybe this will help you understand that your I9 information was in fact taken by your last employer.

Quote:
Form I-9 is the core of E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from the Form I-9 to government records to confirm that an employee is authorized to work in the United States.

Although E-Verify uses information from Form I-9, there are some important differences between Form I-9 and E-Verify requirements.

Form I-9
-Is mandatory
-Does not require a Social Security number
-Does not require a photo on identity documents (List B)
Must be used to reverify expired employment authorization
E-Verify
-Is voluntary for most businesses
-Requires a Social Security number*
-Requires a photo on identity documents (List B)
-MAY NOT be used to reverify expired employment authorization

*If an individual has not yet been issued a Social Security Account number, the employer may contact E-Verify for further guidance.

E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use. Employers can learn more about E-Verify at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify or by calling 888-464-4218.

Employees with questions about E-Verify may call 888-897-7781.
There is no special government employee form that is different than an I9.

You likely couldn't find someone to sign and notarize your form because it is supposed to be filled out and verified by your employer, they probably also didn't want the responsibility of notarizing your documents to prove your employment eligibility.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05489 seconds with 20 queries