Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Had to put pants and shoes on for work this week exactly once.
View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #18
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Just because your employer didn't correctly follow the law and slipped some things through the cracks doesn't mean you weren't required to do it.

They are supposed to "see" the card, more recently companies will keep a copy of the cards/documents used to verify your employment on file (I am not 100% sure if it is required or if they are doing so to protect themselves in the event of an audit)

You can argue all you want, but it is a federal requirement and has been for quite some time, the rules are now stricter than they were before in how the documentation/filing of an i9 are handled.
all of the above may be true. but for this non-HR guy, it was "new" see the point?

it's also apparently not being followed by your local friendly city hall folks either as they all freaked out just from me asking them to even look at the form - hence why I suggested that perhaps, just perhaps that local/regional governmental agencies are exempted from that specific requirement? perhaps, just perhaps they have a different process/requirement?

FFS man, rough week? did you have to put pants on more than once?
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06378 seconds with 20 queries