Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Had to put pants and shoes on for work this week exactly once.
View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM   #16
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
*sigh*
the number, not the card. soc# is also required for federal and state income tax withholding

the latest instructions set that came with the i9 required the physical card, or a birth cert. or a number of other similar documents.
it also required that I sign the form, which did not take place back in 2007.

if you just want to argue about it, that's fine, but we all know what trying to win an e-argument is worth...
Just because your employer didn't correctly follow the law and slipped some things through the cracks doesn't mean you weren't required to do it.

They are supposed to "see" the card, more recently companies will keep a copy of the cards/documents used to verify your employment on file (I am not 100% sure if it is required or if they are doing so to protect themselves in the event of an audit)

You can argue all you want, but it is a federal requirement and has been for quite some time, the rules are now stricter than they were before in how the documentation/filing of an i9 are handled.

I'm aware of the list, it's printed out sitting here tacked to a bulletin board right in front of me.

Last edited by kickstand; August 23rd, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06072 seconds with 20 queries