Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - first tow rig family hauler.
View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM   #18
nickb304

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am a dodge guy but have not been a fan of their transmissions up until you get into the newer trucks. mine have all been gas so maybe the ctd will make up for the old 4-speed that the 5.9L trucks have. 07+ have the newer 6-speed. My 08 hemi 1500 with the 5-speed was bullet proof over the 85k I had it but it did not get a heavy trailer moving very good even though it had 3.92 gears. It had a big gap from 1st to 2nd it struggled to overcome but was fine once you were rolling. the new hemi and 6-speed in my new truck is much better even with the 3.73 gears. A friend of mine had an 06 dmax and I remember that being a pretty bad ass pulling truck but I was not a fan of the interior or my past experiences with gm vehicles in general. I like the 6l fords and whatever trans they have performance wise but the issues they are known for never let me get past just checking them out on a test drive. All the new diesels are sweet but the price is sky high.
nickb304 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06005 seconds with 20 queries