Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone drive a 2013 Volt?
View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #34
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscheguy View Post
I test drove a volt last year... fun little car. I ended up buying a new 2010 vespa gts300ie from fox motorsports instead. Pretty much a moped on steroids.... 80mph, 70mpg on 12" tires. I had a gls turbo jetta for 10 years and it was a great car, but VW quit putting turbos in the Jettas... I jumped ship and picked up a 2013 Mitsubishi evolution. Prolly get low 20'smpg buy it is hella funner to drive than the volt, and sticker price was lower also ;) The volt is a no-go since I live 18 miles from work, and between the kid's karate, school, and activities... prolly would run it off gas more than the battery!

wat? my 2008 GLI was parked next to a wolfsberg edition with the same 2.0 TSI/FSI Turbo gasser when I test drove it a few years ago.

I also kicked the tires of a brand new GLI Turbo a few weeks ago... and yes they still make TDI (turbo diesels)

Monday I start working from home in my pajama's so all this talk of commuting costs makes me giggle like a mad man.

I should be saving an easy $5k or more based on the cost of gas, depreciation and maintenance per year with this new career path.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07302 seconds with 20 queries