Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - first tow rig family hauler.
View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #9
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

You mention kids.....

I have owned multiple crew cab trucks, have two kids, and if I had a trailer and didn't need to use the bed of my truck often, I probably would have a tahoe, suburban, expedition, etc.

Having the ability to just through luggage, bags, etc into the back and not have to worry about the weather on long road trips is nice.

A tonneau on the back of a truck is nice but limits the ability to bring od shaped objects or requires more creative packaging. A topper is nice, but only has one access point so you have to crawl into the truck all the time, where as in an SUV you can get things from either end as needed.

Obviously a diesel SUV is a lot harder to come by than a diesel truck.....but its something to consider.

I'm mostly a GM fan, but the superduty cab is much larger interior wise than the chevy body style is. Another thing to consider. (2001 superduty compared to silverado's from 91-2009).

The dodge crew cabs (mid 2000's) have a small backseat, much like the chevy/ford extended cabs until you move up to the megacab.

I just spent a week riding in the backseat of an F150 (2005) crewcab hours per day, and I think the chevy (2009) I have now is more comfy, truck to truck they both get the job done however.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06535 seconds with 20 queries