Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - would like some input
View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #17
Coyote Red

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

My opinion on a one page resume is this: if you are going to a job fair the second page is not really that important. Reason being, you are already having an interview with the person you hand your resume to as they glance it over and take note of a few things and ask a few questions. Usually there is a line of others so they won't flip to the second or third page as they have others to speak with also. If you are dropping your resume off at an office during normal hours 2-3 pages would be more appropriate as the HR person will have the time to read over everything.

When I went to the co-op job fair for my employer I would skim over the first page and really only look at the previous work and applicable extra curricular actives/certifications/awards. I already knew their objective was to find a job regardless of how they worded it and I could careless what your non-work related interests were.
Coyote Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05270 seconds with 20 queries