Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - CheapThrills "Fawk Yeah buggy" build
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #1141
CheapThrillB2
FAWK YEAH!!

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Fun weekend, but wasn't without carnage.

Went out Friday night friday night. Was running big ugly backwards when I rolled the buggy going down hill. No carnage.

Next day, hoped in on my way to the bump and hustle when my belt tensioner bolt broke off in the bracket. 2.5 hrs later and new tensioner and bolt and a trip down the road to a guys shop to get the broken bolt out I had it fixed. Just in time for the bump and hustle to be done with. Really bummed I missed it . Didn't even get to watch.

But got it fixed and made an attempt at Bounty hill. AFter getting hung up on a tire at the entrance and then rolling before even getting to the hill, i made my attempt. Where it was obvious I didn't have a chance. But still tried to put on a show for the spectators. Even that was cut short. My throttle cable came off my gas pedal.

AFter it was all said and done, went back out and played on winch hill where I stuffed the front end into a rock (maybe a few times ), which led to a bent tie rod bar and broke the end off my ram leaving me with no steering.

After getting it loaded, it was noticed my carrier bearing on the front driveshaft is also shot to hell.

Atleast I now have a few things to do before the club comp.
CheapThrillB2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06797 seconds with 20 queries