Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Look AJ! You're not alone!
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #9
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ

That's funny shit, and reminds me of a friend.

He's a die-hard patriot, supports the military more than anyone I know, wears a high and tight haircut, always has Army Strong or various other military shirts on, dogtags commemorating a close friend who died serving our country, etc. He's also wheelchair bound because he's paralyzed from the waist down. Everything about him screams "disabled veteran"......but he was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident 2 weeks before leaving for boot camp. Now granted, he was joining and was very passionate about it and still is, but he never actually served. I don't fault him for any of that, he's a great guy and really cares about our country and military.
What does bother me is that I've never seen him once correct someone when they come up and shake his hand thanking him for serving, or when we were at the Grand Ole Opry and they did a salute to the troops and a lot of people gave him attention, etc. He goes along with it. Granted, I'm sure it would be an awkward/embarassing conversation to correct someone there, but it still just doesn't seem right.
bbaXJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04823 seconds with 20 queries