Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Welded or spooled front axle
View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #19
MiNi Beast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I dd mine and live in the snow belt. Welded front and rear and fucking love it wheeling anywhere, as long as you have good steering to push your tires around. With the 40s I had to unlock one hub to steer ing the tight trails, and yes it does pull being only one tire spins but you learn to drive it like anything else. Now on the street I'm always unlocked hubs wise in the front, with locked rear no need for 4wd on the street, sure its a little swirly in the snow but again you learn to drive with it or you just don't do it. And granted tires is a big part of the equation as well as my 40 GH sucked donkey dick in 2wd on flat ground in snow(uncut) but my irocks brings the win and I plan to get another set of iroks as they are the shit in all the terrin I see. I also plan to continue with the welded rear, as more pros then cons to me on the rear, the front I would do it again but if had the money and patience I would do a selectable locker as the pros out ways a welded front all day just involves more green bills.
MiNi Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06211 seconds with 20 queries