View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default 97 TJ 4.0/5 speed -bad engine- $4000obo

Bought this last month and haven't done anything with it yet. Totally stock in typical shape for a 97, black w/black interior.

Front fenders rusted, engine is locked up! Body in good shape, drivers floor pan is rusty same with passenger (maybe replace?) Frame looks OK, sat for a few years so mostly surface rust (can poke around to check), same on brake and fuel line, gas tank skid is gone. Tires are bald and leak. I believe it has the soft top frame but no material. Don't remember the milage right now.

Now for the good; 4.0, 5 speed manual, np231, Dana 30/35 axles (rear was rebuilt before engine locked up), half doors with cloth uppers, have a good running replacement 4.0 from a 96 Cherokee, no a/c. Tub, windshield, doors and tailgate are in decent shape (if I recall correctly) Its a basic starting point TJ.

I could swap out the engines and get it running and driving. Just don't have a lot of spare time right now.

Would love to have a UTV or Japanese mini truck instead so those are the main trades I would consider additionally a hypertherm powermax45 plasma cutter or Bridgeport series 1 variable speed mill are the others that I would consider.

I'll post pics when I get home. If interested I've got parts that I would sell additionally (narrowed HP60 front kingpin housing and stock outer parts, link parts, warn winch's (9.0rc new, 9.5si used, 12.5 from a power wagon), new fox 2.0 14" coilovers, hydraulic bump stops, h1 beadlocks... I got stuff.

Kthxbye!

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05059 seconds with 11 queries