Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - New little toy
Thread: New little toy
View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #18
LS6454

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
A friend just bought a Slash 4x4 after some mild influence from another friend and myself. I have my sites set on getting another short course truck to run with his. Right now, I have a Traxxas 1/16 Summit VXL to go with our son's 1/16 Summit (brushed version.) There are times that we don't run them much, but we run them more often than I thought we would.

Here's a (really poor quality) video of a recent bash session at a skate park. Bear in mind that I'm driving one handed while trying to aim the camera. We were being relatively careful, but I think this is more than people general expect an RC to do. At the end of the night, my son's truck had eaten the spur gear ($3 part) and that was it. His slipper clutch was probably too tight or the motor slipped in the mount when it landed on its roof and threw off the pinion/spur mesh.
Bashing 1/16 Traxxas Summits at Skate Park - YouTube
Sweet video ! Those Traxxas 1/16th platforms are tough ! I have had my fair share of those !

Keep the throttle pinned open and you would of had some really cool backflips instead of landing on your top.
LS6454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07085 seconds with 20 queries