Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bianchi Model 56 OWB Leather Holster
View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:49 PM   #1
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default Bianchi Model 56 OWB Leather Holster

Thought I'd throw up a quick review of a holster I just got.

I've been wanting a OWB holster for a while now. I've gotten tired of my cheapo uncle mikes IWB. So, my brother surprised me, and bought me this. I wanted a durable OWB holster that was slim, had retention and wasn't gaudy.

Here is the item description:

Bianchi Model 56 Serpent

Quote:
Model 56 Serpent™ Belt Slide Holster

This thumb snap holster for semiautomatics and small frame revolvers is a two-slot design and rides high on the hip and close to the body for excellent concealment. It features a fully molded holster front, giving a beautiful contoured appearance, in addition to being more comfortable to wear. The large rectangular thumb snap is a safety feature, helping to reduce the chance of the snap being caught in the trigger guard.

Features
Available in full grain leather, Plain Tan or Plain Black finish
Contour molded for exact gun fit
Fits up to 1.75" (45 mm) belt widths
Open muzzle design allows various barrel lengths
Rear belt slot pulls holster close to body
Slim profile and compact design in a full-sized holster

Finish
Plain
Carry
Strongside
So, it came in the mail yesterday, and I threw my G27 in it and tried it out.

The holster keeps the firearm nicely close to my side, and rides in a very comfortable position, and that's with my regular run of the mill leather belt not super tight. Siting down is quite comfortable, and you can barely feel that the firearm is there. The trigger guard covers quite well, and the snap feels like it has a good positive engagement.

I'm hoping that it stands up, as it's duty will be while riding quads, out in the woods, and generally getting the crap kicked out of it. It seems to be well made, so time will tell. I'll up date if I have any issues with it.

Page generated in 0.09129 seconds with 20 queries