View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #26
Ebs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I will occasionally install customer provided parts if they come to me and say they wanted to do the job themselves but couldn't/chickened out. If I catch a vibe that the customer does not feel I should profit on parts, I send them on their way. If they argue, I ask them to name one business that sells and installs a product that sells the product at cost. It's been my experience that people that try and cut into your margin are cheap fucks and are a major pain in the ass to deal with. Cheap fucks also have cheap fucks for friends so they will send them continuing the cycle of decreased margin and struggle to pay the bills. Some shops don't seem to make the connection that just because money is changing hands, they are not really making a profit. I've found that if I can't operate within my margin on a job, I make more money sitting on my ass than working on a vehicle under margin.
So makeup the lost revenue on your end, even if they want to bring their own parts you still have to give them a price on the labor. Turning away customers never seems like a good move.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04770 seconds with 11 queries