Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - CO2 tank fill on Saturday in Oakland county?
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #28
I'm not old, honest...
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)

Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
A portable co2 tank for the trail makes sense. Air down and not worry about where the closest service station is. To fill a trailer tire? Either a cheap cigarette litter compressor or just take it off and go to the gas station.
Really? I've had trailers in storage that are parked next to other trailers. Getting a vehicle with a cigarette lighter close enough is hard to do and then you wait for 15 minutes for a little compressor to pump it up. It's a heck of a lot easier to walk up to the low/flat tire and air it up just as quickly as if it were in the garage within reach of a full size compressor. Again, he already owns the CO2 tank and taking the trip to fill it is less effort than dragging a jack out to the trailer, jacking it up, taking off the tire, taking it to fill/fix it & then the process of putting it back on the trailer.

I've been hard on skoots for some of his hair brained ideas but this one is spot on.
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.06492 seconds with 20 queries