Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 87 YJ Jeep Project. 90% done. New 33" Tires. Lifted. $2300
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #1
catalyst

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 87 YJ Jeep Project. 90% done. New 33" Tires. Lifted. $2300

$2300 Cash or $3000-ish Trade.

I have a 1yr old and a 2yr old, and they eat up ALL of my free time, so I need to part with this project. Its nearly done, and will make a damn fine jeep for someone with some rather minimal work.

New 33" Wild Country AT Tires with chrome rims. Comes with a 33" BFG KM1 as afull-size spare (nearly full tread), but it will need to be mounted to an included steel rim.
133k Miles
6" Rough Country Suspension Lift
4.2 258 v-6 Motor with carb
4.10 dana 30/35 axles
new sway bar links for the lift
stainless brake lines
New Prothane bushings on the majority of the suspension/front end components. Also has a Prothane pass side motor mount that still needs to get installed.
new trans skid plate / mounts
The body is all solid. Floors are solid.
Has a hardtop that i replaced all the seals and glass on (talk about a PITA!).
Doors were entirely rebuilt with new roller handles, and lock cylinders (with keys!)
brand new front windshield that was professionally installed - and the whole frame was sandblaster, rustproofed and bedlinered.
The whole jeep is bed linered on the inside and outside. The outside is gray tinted bedliner - inside is black.
new headlights/ tail lights lights
Aftermarket radio/speakers
Roof Rack
2 sets of Off road lights
new brakes / rotors / drums
Spare Calipers / Rotors / shoes
New Coil Pack
New Distributor
New Plugs
New Engine / Trans Mount
most of the brake lines are new
Posi Lok cable driven 4wd
new battery
Extra Mirrors (in case you want to run without the doors)

Floors and fenders are all solid with no rot. Coated in 2 tone bedliner - gray on black.
It has a relatively recent tune up and will come with a set of new plugs, as well.

Also comes with a back seat, but you'll need to remount it if you want to use it. I never needed it, so I removed the mounts.
There's rot on the rear of the frame in the typical YJ spots by the rear leaf mounts. That will need to be fixed before you take it off roading.

It will need the windshield wipers hooked up to a switch - I have a CJ switch, but never got around to tapping into the column wires for it.

I also have a spare 33" BFG AT tire for it and 15" rim, but it needs to be mounted.

The guy i bought it off of also had a crazy shackle lift on it, but it had plenty of suspension lift, so i cut the front shackles and dropped it some, but you'll need to do the same to the rear. Its basically cutting the steel and making an "H" bracket out of it. I just don't have time for it, and need something I can take up to my hunt camp and enjoy.

I took it up to the gas station and filled up the tank and it was making a rubbing sound - I think a caliper is hung up, or it might be as simple as the heatshield rubbing. Either way, its an issue. if its a stuck caliper, worry not - as i am also including a spare set of stock calipers.

It also isn't shifting properly - it keeps getting stuck in gear and is hard to go in gear. I drove this home from Taylor a year and a half ago, and it shifted fine - and I replaced the trans skid plate and trans mounts and engine mount. If I pump the clutch, it'll generally shift, so it could my a clutch master cylinder issue (but I just replaced it!). Honestly, I'm guessing something with the alignment is off, since it was previously shifting fine. Either way, the ba-10 peugeot trans is horrible, and if you're going to do this right, it should come out and be replaced with an AX15 or better (I was going to toss an AX15 in it).

It will SELF DRIVE on to a flat bed, but I certainly wouldn't drive it home like this. Then again, you might have bigger balls than I do!

I would be open to a trade for a 4x4 utility quad, or a couple of sport quads or either plus cash. or make an offer.

Last edited by catalyst; August 7th, 2013 at 10:06 AM.
catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.10301 seconds with 20 queries