Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - '77 K10 Revival from Wood hauling hell
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #27
KingCutlass
Classic ridin'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

After I finished the shifter install I decided to take it on another road test to check for any further leaks and took it up to the local gas station. Even in it's multi-colored broken down condition I still had a few people looking.

Makes the hard work worth it, little by little.

I traded my factory grille to the neighbor who has a 74 mud truck with a 9" lift because he hated the narrow openings trying to open the hood. So now I have a tube grille to fill it out instead of the egg crate.

My wife has a co-worker that has his own chroming business out of his home that can get me a hell of a deal on re-chroming parts. So eventually I'll have him dip my front trim and grille to get it all shiny and new considering LMC no longer sells metal front trim, only plastic.

It's coming along. I still need to find a steering shaft extension before I can put the rest of the body lift on.

Digging through my parts stash I still have quite a few spare parts to put on and new stuff to install.

Next up on the list are:

*New front Driveshaft U-Joints
*LED tail lights and brackets
*Rear Brakes (when the rotors are machined to fit the appropriate ID)
*New 4-core radiator from my old '74 dually to replace the 3 core currently in it. + New thermostat
*Pete Jackson Gear Drive
*New Accel Header Plugs and Wires
*New Edelbrock Cam & Lifters [if necessary] We'll see when the timing is being done
*New Doors, Seals and outer rockers (waiting on purchase of floor pans and inner rockers first

I'm sure there's more, but now that I'm putting my '71 Cutlass up for sale, the wife knows that this has taken place of my restoration project instead of just fixing it to drive it.

More updates in the future as I get things done.....

Last edited by KingCutlass; July 12th, 2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Edit to Add to list
KingCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07663 seconds with 20 queries