Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - '77 K10 Revival from Wood hauling hell
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #23
KingCutlass
Classic ridin'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This front clip has irritated me for years, and finally I had enough time to work on it. Specifically since I finally found my lost Craftsman Orbital Sander Yesterday morning!

This is only a rust preventative paint that is going to act as a primer for now until I get the panels to patch the major rust in the floor and put on the new doors/seals I have in the shed. Then the whole body and all panels will get media blasted and I'll use my compressor and gun to give it a proper coat of paint. :)

Unfortunately most of this fender I had to sand by hand due to the bends. (I didn't want flat spots I'd have to fill later)

The hood wasn't so bad. There are a few small dents and I had to keep from denting it further by pushing too hard, but since I'll be putting a cowl hood on it later anyway, this is the last coat of paint it will see till it's pulled off, replaced and sold. [eventually]

Believe it or not, there is some original blue under all that rust and white [obviously spray painted] topcoat.

KingCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06063 seconds with 20 queries