Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - '77 K10 Revival from Wood hauling hell
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #20
KingCutlass
Classic ridin'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So I had to move the old girl from it's spot due to some construction here in the yard to re-furbish the drain tile, and by consequence the bed needed to be mounted down.

I installed the body lift on the rear and bolted it down with extra large washers on the bed, however I really need to re-do the floor before I would consider it safe and road-worthy, including putting on the new LED taillights. I'll get to this later.

The stock 31's are looking smaller and smaller now that the rear is sitting around 7" of lift. Holy crap I'm going to need some bigger tires.

I have both filler necks from both fleetside and stepside beds. My original fuel filler hose was completely cracked and destroyed, so I thought about getting some radiator hose to replace it, however I didn't have any spare hose that was small enough diameter to fit it, so for now I've just taped off the tank and I'm waiting to get the money to buy new ones so it can be installed.

Holy Gaps Batman! I knew there would be some space between bumper and bed, but this is enough to hide a homeless man sleeping. I traded a guy a very clean stepside bumper for a new tailgate I had for the fleetside, but it looks like I might have to get some bigger bumpers made to narrow this gap a bit. Ideas? I like the idea of the "alien patrol" style front bumpers for the truck, something to match?

In case you notice the bed and the cab tilted, the truck is sitting level, but the left rear cab mount is the one that someone used a 2x4 to replace, so it's sitting low on the rear corner.

New exhaust is being designed for the truck as well. I'm torn between putting 2 1/2" pipe to my mufflers to a 3" out and downturn before the rear axle, OR 2 1/2" pipe to mufflers to 3" out to the sides and Diesel stacks above the step sides. Could look a bit like the old red dodge trucks without the shielding. Thoughts?
KingCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09668 seconds with 20 queries