View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #1
deathbypsi
Brian R.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deathbypsi
Default Project :DD2Fiddy

Been lookin for a replacement Daily Driver /tow pig for my current 94 F150 2wd. I have been over working the crap out of the 150 for a few years now so I was tryin to find an older F250/350 since I really like old junk. Have had no luck and even started to concider buyin a Cummins Dodge. Well as my luck seems to go I just had to wait long enough for the right truck to find me.

A friends dad had this truck sitting in a yard full of cars/trucks and was looking to get rid of it. We actually worked out a trade for an old 86 Mustang I was tryin to sell so I got the truck for no cash outa pocket.

Its a 1988 F250 factory 460/auto 2wd body with 68k on the clock. Its sitting on a 97 f250 4wd chassis minus its 5.8 drivetrain.
If you look at my avitar you see the obvious reason why I had to have it.

The body is 99.9% rust free.Only bad spots are where the paint was scratched. I plan to have some touch up work done and preserve the factory paint job.
Im dropping in a 93 460,c6,205 and Im pulling the d60 out up front and reinstalling the factory d50. It has 3.55 gears so I might go a little larger than the factory size tire to drop highway RPM with the c6. And in an effort to try something different Im not goin to run the factory ecm. I plan to install a Megasquirt ecm and build my own engine harness. I think this 460 can be a little better on gas and in the power department running off a modern ECM that reads real time off a wide band o2 sensor.Im already running Megasquirt in my little turbo Ranger and plan to run one on my efi 5.0 Truggy Ranger once I put a Kenne Bell blower on that one.
I already have a list going for LMC Truck for all new weather strip,rubber floor,seat covers,all new lights and misc stuff. I will put new windshield in and will built two new tube bumpers with a front winch mount.
deathbypsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04893 seconds with 11 queries