View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #18
14muddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
I have a friend who is with a Utah Mormon. He joined, but then was excomunicated from the church. They have lived both in Utah and Michigan and I have visited both places with them multiple occasions including the visitor center in Salt Lake. I even went to a few services with him.

There is a big difference between Utah Mormons and Non-Utah Mormons, and even they will tell you that. Utah Mormons tend to be much more pushy, although still polite.

I've learned a bunch about the whole Mormon thing, and basically biggest way to piss them off is to drink alcohol or coffee or have premarital sex.

Their tything system is a sort of indentured servitute and not optional. A large portion of their income goes to the church and such.

Yes, they have very strong family values, as long as you agree 100 percent with them. They use excommunication and shunning to control the family.

I'm non-religious and very open minded, but through hands on experience I see how controlling (or cultish) the Mormon church is.
huh?
14muddn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04077 seconds with 11 queries