Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Any Mormon's here? Question.
View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #1
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default Any Mormon's here? Question.

My neighbors are Mormon, they are great people and I am very happy to live next to them. I honestly could not ask for better neighbors.

What I am curious about is all the free labor they get. They constantly have college kids at their house doing all the hard chores. IE Tree trimming, working on vehicles, etc... They almost always are wearing suits/dress shirts and ties while doing the work. Sometimes rarely, they do show up in street clothes though.

They have been called Elders in front of me as well as Missionaries. They have offered to help me when they saw me doing yard work, and once jumped in un-asked. I was never pressured to join a church or even talked to about church.

Is this normal in the Mormon religion? It really baffles me to see them working in suits trimming trees and doing brakes on cars - it's just odd to me.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05031 seconds with 20 queries