Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1979 Dodge Monster Mud Truck, Bogger, Swamp, Mega, 2.5 ton Rockwells, Offroad
View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1
BBRC2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 1979 Dodge Monster Mud Truck, Bogger, Swamp, Mega, 2.5 ton Rockwells, Offroad

The truck is a 1979 Dodge Mega Mud Truck long bed and frame with custom arched 18" lift front springs, 10" lift rears springs with custom drop down mounts. The truck has a total of 24" of lift. Its sitting on 2.5 ton rockwell axles with a locked rear and a open front differental. The u-joints are semi u-joints big and heavy duty. It is powered by a mild build big block mopar 400 with a mild cam that runs awesome, a 727 beefed up transmission with a stall converter, and a divorced np200 transfer case, Which means you could drop any power plant and trans you like in this truck with just the change of 1 small drive shaft. The tires are 18.4/26 V-treads that are 56" and custom cut with a lot of tread. Truck has full hydraulic ram front steering. Rear pinion brake. Has a remote fuel tank in bed of truck so nothing can puncher it. The interior is pretty much gutted for quick washing out of mud with power washer. Custom built/welded metal dash with chrome grab bar for passenger, there is a bench seat, electronics needed to run truck, Monster tach with external shift light and external oil pressure light, water temp, oil Pressure and amp guages along with a gun rack in the rear window. Push button start, b&m mega shifter and custon knife blade transfer case shifter. There is no tailgate on the truck. Has heavy duty after market rear bumper. It is not street legal in any state that I am awhere of due to the size, tractor tires, lighting etc. I have a clear title in hand, a parts items list for items on truck with part numbers etc. Please contact me with any questions or to schedule a time to come look at it in person. I will not ship but will assit if you or a shipping company is picking it up. It is a offroad mud truck, the body is not perfect but in very good shape for a 79. Truck is being sold as is. This truck is a blast in the mud and swamps!

10k located in lower michigan.

Follow this link for 342 more photos of truck.

http://www.jsphotography.net/I96/Dir...9320257_K2ZNQt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9573.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	107774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9541.jpg
Views:	928
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	107775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9543.jpg