Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - HELP WANTED!! Clarkston/Bloomfield
View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:15 PM   #13
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
I would guess volume.

I did this with a friend of mine for a couple months between jobs. We were contracted by his friend to cut bank owned homes as well as a few of his friends/family homes. Charge was $30, we seen $20 per lawn. At one point, we were cutting 160 lawns a week, just two guys. Not a single lawn was over an acre, majority were in Flint/Burton/Davison area, stretching down into Clarkston. That was about $3k a week before paying me and gas.

During our busiest point, we worked basically sun up to sun down, and about 100 or more of these lawns were little 1/4 acre or less lots. We never had a complaint of quality.
You are not making a profit working like that for 3k a week. Trust me. My crew is mowing 120+ lawns a week from 30 dollar city lots to 600+ dollar a week jobs. The profit margins are not there like they used to be, the lawn care pays for itself and that's about it we count on the lawn buisness bringing in the landscape work and snow removal that is where we turn our best profit.. I have been doing this for over 15 years now.

Page generated in 0.05558 seconds with 20 queries