Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - F700 build
Thread: F700 build
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #18
back woods

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
love the truck! nice work!
5.71 is a pretty steep gear! 2250 at 55mph is crazy!
if you could get that down around 4.56, you would be all set.
plenty of power, with better cruising speed, and mpg.

i had the same camper, but a size bigger. its made by travel lite.
its basic entry level, but very functional and cheap!

congrats!
A 2spd rear would be optimal, for now I will just roll with the 5.71s. I dont really have a reason to be screaming 75mph down the road on re-treads. If I can gear it to around 1850rpm at 55 I will be pretty happy. Who knows, when im done it might be so heavy that I need the 5.71s. But if that is the case I will probably throw a set of compound turbos on it and some mild injectors, would like to get it screaming with minimal smoke. The travel lite is pretty nice, think it has AC and satellite, will have to put an on board generator in the truck.

Quote:
There is a lot of unsupported trailer frame on the beast. Any issues yet with fatigue in the frame? Does he ever scrape the bottom of the 25' gap between axles?

Your hauler is awesome, can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest.
The trailer is holding up good. It was custom made in 2008 by Bloomer with no expenses spared frame is pretty over kill. You can see a little bow in it when it is on an on ramp but nothing bad. 17.5' flat wall living quarters with a kickout, custom leather interior, full bathroom, kitched, few TVs, remote start ONAN gen on the roof. 23 Aluminum dog boxes mid trailer sectioned off with their own AC unit. 4 horse stall in the back of the trailer with 25 bale hay storage in the top.

Main reason for using the F700 is that it can haul the Bloomer if something were to happen to the F450. No way my F350 could pull it safely. The F450 is an 08, 4.30 gears, DPF delete, EGR delete, cold air, SCT tuner. It is the faster tuner only truck I have ever riden in.

Here is another shot of the trailer I will be picking up next week. 24ft flat wall should hold our quad, feed, tools, dogs, etc. I myself will be hauling 2-3 horses and the Bloomer will have 3-4, for a total of 6 horses on the road with us.

back woods is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08433 seconds with 20 queries