Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - I'm new...
Thread: I'm new...
View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #13
MeanGreenZJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well if you absolutely want to do it right, you better buy a rear adjustable track bar as well, with 6in of lift you'll need new coils front and rear, all new shocks long arms because the "right" way you can't do a 6" with short arms so all 8 control arms... Sway bar links for the front and rear. At that height a drop pitman arm. Heavy duty tie rods. Steering stabilizer steering shaft extension. Extended brake lines Depending on what motor you have, the 4.0 or the 5.2/5.9 your going to need to make a custom drive shaft because if you wheel hard at all, you'll blow through a cv shaft in 15mins. If your going to run much bigger than stock tires you should probably regear as well, my point is the "right" way is all in your opinion. My jeep runs down the road straight it doesn't shake or wobble it stops it goes it jumps it crawls and I don't have adjustable track bars in the front or rear. If you stand directly behind the jeep and work really really close you can tell the axle is off center by about an inch. But waiting on lifting a vehicle because you don't have a adjustable front track bar is stupid. You can change it out at any time lifted or not. Have you ever even lifted a jeep before? Your comment just makes you look ignorant. If your going to wheel hard with your jeep, and not make it into a mall cralwler you would be better off spending your $179.99 someplace else.
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06380 seconds with 20 queries