View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #1
grandcherokee
I am woman,hear me moan!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to grandcherokee
Default Roofers question

A few years back I posted pictures of the chop job a roofing company did..lets just call them Hansons... I paid for the 30 year warrant for the job and shingles.... I also paid for a proprietary product that was to go on my entire roof...well now a few years have passed and I have moss growing in a valley... ( Noted that i have no trees)After I had them come out and do a inspection... We found out that the sub contractor had put water and ice on my entire roof. It was also noticed the we have water under our shingles .

We are asking that they replace the entire roof because the product we paid for was never ąpplied... My question is... What are the downsides of ice and water shield on the entire roof? I would think a roof has tar paper so it can breath a bit .
Last fall we also had a solar attic fan installed because of the beastly heat we had upstairs. That seems to have evened out the distribution of heat and cold .

Any thoughts about the advantage of water and ice or disadvantage .
The inspector ( Hansons) submitted his report to replace the entire roof, facia, and soffits along with fixing all our gutters that they hung incorrectly . We hope that the company will do it right...but we are not holding our breath. Maybe a call to dial a lawyer is in order!

2000 Grand Cherokee
2002 Chevy Silverado
2008 Liberty

grandcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05789 seconds with 11 queries