Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - The Camping Gear Thread
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #39
8PTBUCK
Hobo Joe and the TCG

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

I don't have much room to keep my gear. I have an ECSB truck, and I keep all my gear in my bed. I recently bought a tonneau cover last week. It is a Lund tri-fold. It was a good deal and I got it right before I left for Silver Lake (had it on in 5 minutes, then hit the road!). I always bring my tools, and my crate of oils, lubes, and PB Blaster. So I have almost a full 6.5' bed to work with. I don't like keeping gear in the cab. It's nice to not have to look at all the clutter in the back seat.

I use a cooler and ice to keep my food cold (like most of you I'm assuming). Is there a way to keep the food cold, but keep it dry? I know that can be accomplished by just draining the water from the ice melting from the cooler, but is there a different way? Say putting the ice in big zip lock bags? I had mayo and relish in the cooler, and forgot to drain the water, and when I unpacked, all the labels were peeling off. It's not a big deal, but it got me to thinking of an alternative way to keep the food cold and out of water.
8PTBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04479 seconds with 20 queries