Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Looking at a used Duramax
View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #32
silveradoboy
Sam Brown

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizken View Post
I know it's 11 years old and might need some attention, but injectors vs maintenance items is a huge $$$ difference. Also given the odd situation under the hood makes me think there is something going on, who would put a intake on a truck and not mess with more of it. I really don't want something thats been messed with by a diesel ricer or something. No stacks on it at least.

The more I look into it the more I think there is a problem with this thing, should it feel fast? I punch it getting on the highway and there is a 2-3 second lag while you hear the turbo spin up and then it goes a bit better than my 5.3 suburban. Not much better though.
The LB7 is not going to break any land speed records stock, the LLY and the LBZ started getting bigger turbos that take less time to spool because they are a Variable-geometry turbocharger, the LB7 I believe has a traditional style charger that makes boost at a much higher rpm and takes longer to spool. Should be quick but not fast. I know that a lot of people really like these trucks and an intake is really not that big of a mod, a lot of people will do an intake just because they like the look under the hood or because they think it will make the truck faster. If the injectors are good, I say go for it or look for a 2004.5 that has an LLY motor.
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.32467 seconds with 20 queries