Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "The Predator" another YJ build.
View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #328
I'm not old, honest...
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)

Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
You put a stock engine in without changing much, you're probably getting 80% of what's there, which you said yourself is fine. I don't see Jim going too high with your timing being a LQ9 originally so you're probably running LS2 timing files and a fattened up PE curve to cover the timing increase when it matters. If you're ok with leaving XX% on the table, that's none of my business. I was making a general statement, nothing personal.

I don't claim to be super techy. My observations is that in many cases, when people try to optomize engines right to 100% capability, they often give up some reliability. That said, there's nothing wrong with that, especially in a competition world. But for me, my needs are not competitive so I'm more content with not worring about it. I just took it as you saying that anyone not optimizing 100% was doing it half assed.

All is good. Carry on.

I'll also add that my swap was done in 2007 which at that time was a little more rare. There are certainly more people around now that know more about it.
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.10286 seconds with 21 queries