Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "The Predator" another YJ build.
View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #328
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
You put a stock engine in without changing much, you're probably getting 80% of what's there, which you said yourself is fine. I don't see Jim going too high with your timing being a LQ9 originally so you're probably running LS2 timing files and a fattened up PE curve to cover the timing increase when it matters. If you're ok with leaving XX% on the table, that's none of my business. I was making a general statement, nothing personal.

I don't claim to be super techy. My observations is that in many cases, when people try to optomize engines right to 100% capability, they often give up some reliability. That said, there's nothing wrong with that, especially in a competition world. But for me, my needs are not competitive so I'm more content with not worring about it. I just took it as you saying that anyone not optimizing 100% was doing it half assed.

All is good. Carry on.

I'll also add that my swap was done in 2007 which at that time was a little more rare. There are certainly more people around now that know more about it.

Page generated in 0.07604 seconds with 20 queries