Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "The Predator" another YJ build.
View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #322
feva4u
LCG

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
Mail order tunes are like mail order shocks, if you want your moneys worth the person needs to work directly on the vehicle. Most people will spend $4000 on an engine swap and try to save $150 on getting their moneys worth out of said swap. My $.02.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
You always leave power and driveablity on the table with a mail order tune so why even look at performance stuff for 15-30 hp gains until you've done the first correctly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by big86inthestixx View Post
Got tue the harness and computer pkgd up ready to ship out..maybe early next week!
This is why I never bother to comment on anything, if it's $100 cheaper to do it half assed, that's how people will do it every time.

You have one of the best resources in the state, perhaps country 46 miles from you but I'm guessing you're sending it across the country to save $150 instead

There isn't anything magic in the tuning. You have timing and fuel. There are 3 or 4 tables that you actually do work in, the rest is turning stuff on or off and fixing idle/coast issues. If your running 12.8:1 ish and you have your timing set where you make maximum torque or hp(have to be on DYNO or at the track to do this btw), you're done. I don't care who's tuning it, it's no different than a carb in that respect @WOT. I bet your file comes back to you with car timing tables and a 15% increase in fuel during PE with the delay taken out. Shit isn't the magic everyone makes it out to be.

/rant

Page generated in 0.05258 seconds with 20 queries