Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "The Predator" another YJ build.
View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:56 PM   #321
I'm not old, honest...
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)

I used the trans am pan. I haven't read all the Pirate stuff but I have not had a problem other than losing oil pressure when I flop (DUH) or am straight up on a climb I don't belong on. I run 6 quarts of oil.

I never even considered headers. There is enough heat in the engine bay without headers adding to it. My philosophy was to keep it as close to stock as possible....... I don't need problems out in the trails. We tried a variety of exhaust manifolds, forward facing, etc and ended up using the stock truck manifolds that came with it. (mine is an 03 Escalade installed in a yj)

I also had Jim's performance do mine. Zero issues with it right from the get go. I sent him the harness & ECM. He pulled all the unnecessary wires and everything came back clearly labeled. Was literally plug & play. I wouldn't argue with the dyno tune advice but I'm not sure how much you really need it. The stock 6.0 gives plenty of umph. I have no idea what my HP is over the factory 345 HP. Jim @ Jim's Performance told me that with the minor changes that I could consider I might have another 25 HP but no guarantees. So, I'm definitely south of 400 HP and don't see the need for more. Have there been a couple times where I felt it could use more? Naturally. It's also not a drag jeep so it's fast for a jeep but not fast for a drag jeep. It's good as an all around hill climber and trail rig.

Don't waste your time with fuel delivery. Use a 60 psi minimum in-tank fuel pump & a factory pressure regulator.

I would assume yours is a drive by wire. Make sure you have the EXACT match pedal & module from the donor truck. Just because they plug in doesn't mean they are compatible. (ask me how I know )

I left my intake forward facing. Personal preference IMO, whatever works.

Good luck with it.
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.08405 seconds with 21 queries