Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Brand New 10th Anniversary Rubicon 2 door
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM   #6
RickP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
A dealer that doesn't pay to be a vendor here and does nothing but pimp shit he is selling...
I've purchased things off here in the past and off the original Michigan Jeepers site before working at a dealership. I used to be very active in wheeling, 25 years plus. After loosing McCaslins Mountain, most of the pipeline, etc. I switched my interest to restoring old Chris-Crafts. I may one day pick up a Scrambler as a asphalt queen with maybe a light Jeep Jamboree event thrown in for some vacation time.

1. I offered to have the dealership purchase a banner ad, I was told it probably wouldn't be worth my while due to location.

2. I did ask permission and was granted it as long as I didn't post unrelated vehicles, and stuck with the occasional Rubicon or tow vehicle, here is a part discussion of that. If the majority doesn't like it, I'll delete it. in the past year I've posted 3 Rubicons and I believe 2, maybe 3 diesels. The XJ and CJ in past where my personal vehicles, prior to working for a dealer.

If it's a problem, I'll delete the posts, not a big deal. Here is part of my conversation with dollar amounts deleted.

Re: question for you....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP
I work for a dealership, we just took a very clean 2004 Rubicon in on trade. Can I post this for sale, or...are dealers not allowed? I see a few dealers from time to time, but don't know if they had prior permission, paid, etc. Thanks for the help! Rick

If it is just a few vehicles once in awhile there is not a problem but if it id to much volume then it is required to pay for vendor status.

Adam

Rick, I have a feeling that it will not drive the traffic you are looking for. 94% of the traffic to this site comes from Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. We charge $$$/year for banners up top, which works out to be about $.$$ per 13,000 views per year.

Last edited by RickP; June 22nd, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
RickP is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09688 seconds with 20 queries