View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #49
phittie1100

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am lazy, copy and paste from my post on GLFWDA

>>Originally Posted by Jarhead
For those involved in Trail Maintenance, this fee increase is long over due. GLFWDA receives much of their funding from trail maintenance and pass along a percentage to the clubs/individuals who perform the maintenance for the grants GLFWDA is responsible for. In short, each person that helps with Trail maintenance is giving of their time and monies to provide a service they may never personally use. The last fee increase for the ORV Program was back in the mid nineties or was that eighties; without the increase, the State would have had yet another reason to close our trails.>>

Well put Bob - as I have mentioned in several threads over the last few years, the old $16.25 price rolled forward for inflation would be in the range of +/- $30 today. However the DNR has added 500-600 additional miles to the system, plus the rocks at St Helen and the Mounds, plus the routes on Drummond Island that have at least a modest amount of 4x4 challenge so from a purely geeky numbers guy point of view, $36.25 smells about right.

Page generated in 0.04420 seconds with 11 queries