Thread: Spring advice?
View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Lemur
i don't much care for you

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Spring advice?

Ok guys, i am thinking about upgrading my springs and just wanted to get a little advice.

first let me give as much on my rig as possible.

I have an 02 TJ on 35's. with a 3" BDS lift. They are supposedly 3" springs w/ 1 3/4 inch spacers. I am running all Rubicon express adjustable control arms. front HP30 w' tru-trac, rear 8.8 w/ tru trac 4.10 gears. JKS adjustable trac bar, JCR 1 ton steering, aftermarket steering stabilizer. metalcloak fenders

I am not unhappy with my height though i feel i should be a little taller for where other rigs with similar or identical setups are sitting., but feel my ride could be a hair better and i would like to do away with the spacers and go all coil.

I am thinking about possibly going with an RE 4.5 coil. I looked at the curries, but they only have a 4" and considering i have spacers, that actually might be dropping me just a bit. If i were going to a long arm setup i would go 5.5, but i just cant afford that investment right now.

I am replacing shocks all around this week or next and if i am replacing springs, just want to get the right shocks too.

what would you do as far as springs and why? i know all companies springs have a slightly different ride height... like i said, i wouldn't mind being just a hair higher, but dont want to overkill.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04295 seconds with 11 queries