Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Does running a 60 front/9" rear make sense?
View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #7
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

A shaved 14b has better ground clearance than a 60 or 9" that has not been shaved but they are heavy! Look at the TMR 15 bolt kit. The one I did for the buggy in my avatar only had a touch less ground clearance than a d44. The TMR kit will require a ring gear that has been turned down in a lathe though. If I decide to build axles for my tj I will probably build a shaved semi float hp60 for the rear and either a hp44 up front or a shaved hp60. I would run 37" tires max and try to keep it very street able. I realize the hp60 in the rear is weaker than a lp60 but I believe it would be worth the trade off to gain the driveshaft clearance and angle. I also don't see me pushing the hp60 to its limit with 37s. It also helps that I have a bent hp60 sitting behind the barn that I could retube and put 9" flanges on fairly cheap. I was in the process of building this combo for my last tj but then decided to go buggy and now I traded the buggy off to go back to a jeep so back to my old plans.
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05286 seconds with 20 queries