View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Cummins-coal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Jeep rear end vibration

I bought a 1998 Jeep Wrangler about a month ago. When I test drove it, it had a vibration to it, and the guy I bought it from said that it was the tires, and they were out of balance, and had a bad wear pattern to them. I figured that it wasn't the tires, but probably the drive shaft. It had a transfer case drop on it, even though there was no lift (I could tell that it used to have one on at some point), and the u-joints were really sloppy. When I got it home I Installed a 4" lift, SYE, and some 33's. I got a new CV driveshaft made, and took it for a test drive to the alignment shop. The vibration didnt go away, it actually got worse. I took the rear driveshaft out, and put it in 4x4 to see if it would go away, and the vibration was almost non existant. So im guessing that it is something to do with the rear axle. I opened up the diff and there wasn't any bad wear on any of the teeth. I replaced both outer bearings and seals, new brakes, and it still has a bad vibration. What can it be? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Edit- its a Dana 35 with 3.73's

Last edited by Cummins-coal; June 8th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Cummins-coal is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05482 seconds with 11 queries