View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:41 PM   #8
cerial

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ah those damn plastic hoses can be tricky. Carb cleaner won't tell you much. You need to pull the hose plug one end and then blow into the other to really check. I would just replace them at this point because they do crack. Careful when pulling them by wiggling the rubber fitting off or the plastic hose will break for sure. If your dead set on reusing them shoot some cleaner down them to clean out all the oil residue.

Pull the iac then push the plunger in a few times and if it sticks at any point it should be replaced. You can shoot it with carb cleaner then reinstall it until you can get to the parts store. The part is real cheap though.

The TPS is the same way pull it, clean it, and see if it helps. It is also a cheap part.

If you are careful when removing them you can reuse the gaskets by spraying a bit of copper seal on them for a temporary seal to get to the parts store.

I have used wet cardboard before to also make a good seal in a bind.

Check the connections at the idc, tps, and at the injectors for bad wiring. Everything should be tight. Loose connections can make the computer do interesting things.

If you are still using the stock air cleaner with the heat riser try running with the air cleaner off. I had a heat riser stick before and it had me pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I had a high idle.
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04605 seconds with 11 queries