Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2 post hoist: Symmetric or Asymmetric?
View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #57
disturbedsledneck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
I need to add gutters, and also the snow block things to keep the snow from sliding off. When 1000 sq ft of snow starts to fall off the roof, it makes a 2ft pile in front of the doors, and it packs so hard that my 14 hp snowblower barely can cut into it.
If you're installing gutters with your steel roof, you will want some sort of snow stop up there. I was misguided when I built my house into thinking my "commercial grade" gutters could take the snow load just fine, "no need for snow stops". Yeah... Bullshit.

The first heavy wet snow we got that year ruined the gutters.

If I do end up putting stops on, I will use the ones that simply look like painted angle iron screwed onto the tops of the ribs and run them the full length of the eaves. They seem the most popular in the U.P., and I like the idea better than the little clear plastic feet screwed all over the roof. I suck at the internet, so I can't find the link right now.

Last edited by disturbedsledneck; May 30th, 2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: I fail at internet
disturbedsledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07566 seconds with 20 queries