Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2 post hoist: Symmetric or Asymmetric?
View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #56
disturbedsledneck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
I have a 12ft ceilings, so I'm looking at the units that are 11'10" tall. My floor is completely flat.

I designed my barn so both bays are to the middle, and there is area on either side.

Sounds like more people prefer the symmetric style. Most of the vehicles I have are 50/50 weight distribution, so I think a symmetric, centered in the 30 ft depth will work well for me.

I don't have any nice layout photos, but here's a couple of where its going. It would be in the left bay, centered in the building.

I like your layout, J. Mine is 12' tall and 28' deep by 50' long running east and west, set up with four bays facing north, and I've grown to hate the layout over the 13 years I've had it.

I am changing the layout to something very similar to yours. I am closing off the two end bays and widening the middle two slightly. Also moving my service door to the north east corner facing north. The 10'x10' door I'm taking down I am putting in the west wall facing west so if the need arises to pull something longer than 28' in I have the option.

I'd be interested in a shop layout thread too.
disturbedsledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.76723 seconds with 20 queries