Quick update (as of last weekend)...I bought a "new" house (no garage yet) in January, so progress has been slow with the move, getting settled in, etc.
Mira & I (finally) finished painting her brake calipers with Eastwood caliper paint (one of Mira's sponsorships). We obviously did it with brushes vs. spraying. Overall, it seems like good stuff, and seems to be more durable initially than some Duplicolor (aerosol) caliper paint I have used in the past.
A couple weeks ago, I got the calipers/pads installed, and the brake lines hooked up & bled. I would have liked to have done this with Mira, but am trying to balance progress with the limited time I have with my girls (I'm a divorced dad, and this was a non-kid weekend).
After the install, I got it out for a road test for the first time with the 3.73 gearing and disc brakes. I really liked the gearing with the 31" (actual 30") tires. The brakes seemed to work pretty well, but I may look into a disc/disc proportioning valve before it's all done. It feels like I could still gain some braking performance out of this set-up. Keep in mind that, while it was a different vehicle platform, the rear axle (and the front that will eventually be swapped in) came out of my former 2005 Unlimited, so I know how the brakes performed on that vehicle.
Today, over Memorial weekend, we made some more progress. Mira swapped out a broken tail light (probably the first of many), and we got the rear bumper removed in preparation for installing her JCR Offroad gas tank skid plate.
Mira & her little sis Maeve helped get the bolts in after I hoisted it up under the Jeep. We also used JCR nut strips, which made the install very easy & straightforward.
Mira torquing down the skid plate bolts.
Mira's post-JCR Offroad gas tank skid plate install "rear window doodling".
And finally, a post-work "victory spin" around the yard.