Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - CheapThrills "Fawk Yeah buggy" build
View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:47 AM   #823
bigblockford79
Big Block Ranger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big86inthestixx View Post
Had this issue on a buddies c6 recently, I made a bracket so that the transmission shift bracket was pointed up, instead of down..and ran the shift cable looped from the bell housing and Pointed toward the t case..instead of looping toward the t case pointed at the engine.
Ill c if I can get pictures for ya.

This ended up bringing all if the, cable and shift bracket above the trans pan and reversed from the normal installation. Gave tons more clearance for his front driveshaft to the cable, and made the cable set in plac better. Lots less tighr turns.

Confusing as hell but hope thay helps a lil.

sended frum dis stoopid fone.
Have a similar setup on mine but for reasons I cant remember at the moment I wasn't able to invert the shift lever on the transmission. So I left the lever pointed down and switched the shifter body around which pushes the cable as you move from Park to 1st.

I used the tapped holes in side of the bellhousing where the factory shifter pivot/kickdown cable bracket used to be.
NOT sent from an iPhone

"A girls butt hole is like a 9 volt battery. You know its wrong, but eventually you put your tongue on it."
bigblockford79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.19936 seconds with 20 queries